MLP Communications is a think tank that promotes innovative solutions for today’s most challenging health care and public health issues.
The company was founded in 2008 by Monica Lindsey Ponder, MS, MSPH, PhD(abd). Monica is a community activist, public health communicator and social epidemiologist with more than 15 years experience working successfully in public health and the community. You may read her bio here.
Building Community. Advancing Social Progress.
Our core beliefs:
- Public health and social issues are complex, it takes engaging every stakeholder in the public health and health care systems for success.
- People approach life from their own lived experiences and perspectives, and this impacts how they make decisions.
- Sincere community engagement + empathic leadership + the respectful exchange of (evidence-based) ideas can change a nation.
In addition to fostering partnerships that help achieve our mission, we take a socially-conscious approach to our work.
Our formula for impact is simple:
- Moving images & mass media are the single, most impactful shifters of public perception in existence today.
- Policy reform is the most powerful shifter of public behavior.
We are committed to doing the work that matters. Join us.