MLP Communications offers expertise in public health communication.
We bring a lens that is culturally sensitive, multi-disciplinary, socially relevant, and innovative to all of our projects. Our mission is to solve our nation’s most complex public health and social issues.
Driven by empathic leadership, our company was founded by a passionate community activist.
MLP Communications was founded in 2008 by Monica Lindsey Ponder, MS, MSPH, PhD(abd). She is trained professionally as a chemist, public health communicator and social epidemiologist – her vision and approach to problem-solving are distinctive. As our company’s CEO, she brings more than 15 years of experience and influence to every project. You may read her bio here.
We are committed to doing the work that matters.
We have supported many avenues for community building. Some of our successes include:
- Partnered with an Atlanta-based mommy blogger to successfully advocate for the establishment of lactation rooms at the world’s largest airport, Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport.
- Led advancement efforts (nearly $2 million) to develop a public health campaign targeting African American men in the Southeastern U.S. to reduce heart attack and stroke incidence.
- Facilitated community and partner convenings on marijuana decriminalization in local communities.
- Partnered with local government/civic organizations to host documentary film screening(s) and panel discussions for local communities.
- Provided expert consumer research and analysis (including social listening) on controversial/emergent public health issues (e.g. breastfeeding in public, marijuana, Medicaid expansion, social justice issues, gun violence).
- Served as an influencer, community partner and activist for organizations seeking to engage with or share the perspectives of minority, vulnerable, rural, hard-to-reach, and at-risk populations.
To request an initial consultation for services, please contact us.